Do you remember about this time last year, when the worst thing to happen to all of us was Game of Thrones S8? See, the universe was fooling you. Now it’s giving you the finger from a socially appropriate distance.
But am not here to tell you why it’s all f****d up (you can do that yourself) but to draw attention to the good bits. Like stretchy pants for days and waking up at 8:59 for a 9am work call. Spending quality time with loved ones to remember why it’s important to leave the house in the first place. And finding out the reason you don’t workout is NOT lack of time.
Or like this Whipped Coffee that’s taken quarantined DIYers by storm. Called ‘Dalgona’ in Korea, it’s become the internet’s favourite drink. This super charged caffeine fix is basically our good old ‘phitti’ coffee which Indians would have claimed by now, had they not been caught up banging plates at coronavirus processions.
I have to admit the Dalgona Coffee challenge has been pretty exciting for me and the fam, especially since I decided to flatten the curve between coffee and cocktail by adding Bourbon to the milk – think milk punch that meets WFH standards. It’s like wearing a work shirt with pyjama bottoms. Everybody wins. Especially those who picked this over this over the 10 push-up challenge (a.k.a me).
DALGONA COFFEE COCKTAIL
FOR THE COFFEE
- Instant Coffee – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Water (Boiling) – 2 tsp
FOR THE MILK PUNCH
- Bourbon (I used Jim Beam 12yo) – 45ml
- Runny honey – 5ml
- Full fat milk – 100ml
- First, make the coffee. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whip till its pale and fluffy. I prefer to do this with an electric whisk but you can go analog for a rather satisfying upper body workout.
- Next, assemble all your punch ingredients in a cocktail shaker over a few cubes of ice and shake till the shaker becomes cold – Again, you could do this in a blender but why deprive yourself of the only exercise you’re getting today.
- Finally, tip the milk into a glass, making sure to catch the foam you’ve worked up. Top with the Dalgona Coffee and garnish with cinnamon powder or grated nutmeg.
- TIP: I suggest spooning about 2-3tbsp of coffee to avoid overpowering the punch.
Happy Quarantine ya’ll!